WHY SHOULD I SELL MY HOME THIS WINTER?
• You may have fewer appointments, but better prospects. Buyers are not out kicking tires in cold weather. They’re serious movers. January is traditionally the biggest month for transfers & relocations. If you’re not on the market you will be missed.
• There is far less competition for buyers, as most people are waiting until “after Superbowl” to go on the market. Who wants THAT competition?
• Your home looks great during the holidays.
• Demand increases when supply is thin. i.e. You may receive more money for your home now because you have less competition.
• Buyers have time to look for homes during the holidays, especially during days off and vacations.
• By selling now you can negotiate a closing date after the first of the year if that helps you for tax purposes. You could even stay in your home after the sale date to a mutually agreed occupancy date.
• Once you sell, you are completely free to buy in Spring market. You have no encumbrances like the buyers who “have to sell first.”